Struggling to change my diet routine and cut out caffeine

I'm wanting to make some changes in my life as I currently lead an unhealthy lifestyle and it's ruining my life. I've just turned twenty seven and all I drink is coke and I eat way too much sweet stuff. Luckily I'm really thin still but I think the coca cola especially is affecting my health negatively, I get a lot of abdominal discomfort and bloating, dizziness and at times extremely tired. 

Recently I noticed I've been suffering these symptoms more, and an increase in my anxiety which is becoming increasingly difficult to manage so I've decided to try and make some changes. But I think because of the autism I'm struggling to change my routine so this is proving more difficult than I thought. I looked up withdrawal symptoms online and that's scared me a little because some people can experience really bad effects. My own fault of course but it's something I'm going to try and do gradually. 

If anyone's been through this and has any advice or suggestions I would greatly appreciate your own experience with this. 

It's going to be a long road ahead I think but it's going to be worth it in the long run I'm sure.

Parents
  • I'm similar to you, and all I drink is Pepsi Max and eat bad food. What has worked for me before, and I am doing again now, is go from fizzy cola to sparkling flavoured water... then eventually onto flavoured water, then just plain old tap water. Although you have to be careful when withdrawing from caffeine as you'll get headaches just cutting it straight out. But I went "cold turkey" and endured about a week long headache, then it got better. Annoyingly I got back into drinking just pepsi max all the time, but now I'm trying to come off it again by drinking my favourite flavoured water and 1 can of pepsi max a day, then eventually cut it out all together.  

I don't think some people appreciate how difficult it is, not only is it our routine, it's changing a really addictive habit too. 

Don't rush into a change of your diet at the same time as cutting out the fizzy, it will be too much. But once you start feeling the benefits of drinking water and cutting out the rubbish in fizzy drinks, you'll start feeling more energy and then you can tackle your diet then. Good luck!

• I'm similar to you, and all I drink is Pepsi Max and eat bad food. What has worked for me before, and I am doing again now, is go from fizzy cola to sparkling flavoured water... then eventually onto flavoured water, then just plain old tap water. Although you have to be careful when withdrawing from caffeine as you'll get headaches just cutting it straight out. But I went "cold turkey" and endured about a week long headache, then it got better. Annoyingly I got back into drinking just pepsi max all the time, but now I'm trying to come off it again by drinking my favourite flavoured water and 1 can of pepsi max a day, then eventually cut it out all together.  

I don't think some people appreciate how difficult it is, not only is it our routine, it's changing a really addictive habit too. 

Don't rush into a change of your diet at the same time as cutting out the fizzy, it will be too much. But once you start feeling the benefits of drinking water and cutting out the rubbish in fizzy drinks, you'll start feeling more energy and then you can tackle your diet then. Good luck!

Children
No Data