Claiming PIP - Cleaning

Hi there,

I have Asperger's and I have a lot of trouble cleaning, my house is a right tip. It's probably unhealthy to live there. While undergoing a PIP assessment would they take this into consideration?

I just can't do it and it gets me down.

Mike

Parents
  • I had a pip assessment last week. For three bloody hours when I have PEM fatigue from ME and post Covid. it’s not an official question on the form but on my report they wrote I don’t have the ability to clean from fatigue. Also think I have adhd so cognitive it’s hard to work out where to start, then I get distracted and forget what I was doing. Aside from my rant they did ask about cleaning and  cat care ( family deal with it ) but they don’t really deal with the clutter. But cleaning isn’t an actually question on the form. You could say you struggle getting dressed as clothes are in a messy pile and you do not have the brain function to deal with it and need help from others. Showering is hard as there is clutter in bathroom. Things like that and send pictures. I have a whole spare doom that can’t be used from Thor stuff in it but between body and brain I’m not getting rid of stuff very fast. Reading Marie kondo books might help. I did chuck a wardrobe worth of clothes and then the  wardrobe. Tidying a little a day might help if you can manage it. Good luck pip are bum holes. When I didn’t get DLA in the old days at tribunal or court thing I told them I couldn’t clean and got told it didn’t count  but since it’s physical and cognitive it should count  

• I had a pip assessment last week. For three bloody hours when I have PEM fatigue from ME and post Covid. it’s not an official question on the form but on my report they wrote I don’t have the ability to clean from fatigue. Also think I have adhd so cognitive it’s hard to work out where to start, then I get distracted and forget what I was doing. Aside from my rant they did ask about cleaning and  cat care ( family deal with it ) but they don’t really deal with the clutter. But cleaning isn’t an actually question on the form. You could say you struggle getting dressed as clothes are in a messy pile and you do not have the brain function to deal with it and need help from others. Showering is hard as there is clutter in bathroom. Things like that and send pictures. I have a whole spare doom that can’t be used from Thor stuff in it but between body and brain I’m not getting rid of stuff very fast. Reading Marie kondo books might help. I did chuck a wardrobe worth of clothes and then the  wardrobe. Tidying a little a day might help if you can manage it. Good luck pip are bum holes. When I didn’t get DLA in the old days at tribunal or court thing I told them I couldn’t clean and got told it didn’t count  but since it’s physical and cognitive it should count  

Children
No Data