Work

Hi, I’m really struggling with sensory overload at work, it makes me rundown and I’m frequently catching any virus that’s going and my executive functioning also gets severely affected as well as my ability to string a sentence together,  I’m a carer and a mother with no support- I love this part of my life that’s not an issue, my issue is work, I cannot afford to not work, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Thank you

Parents
  • I work in education. It's hard for many people but when you are autistic you need more down time after being around people.  I've had huge sensory and EF overload in work since going back in January and ive learned exhaustion makes it worse and overload is one of my warning signs. I'm just about keeping my head above water. It sounds like you have no or very little down time outside of work too. Consider if you can reduce your hours or take on a less demanding role. Speak to OT,  your union. Its really hard when you've got people coming from all directions at break, and the effort in forcing yourself away often takes up energy. But you need to make yourself have the breaks. You need to prioritise your own health and body because without that you won't be able to do anything. Sorry if it's bleak but yes it's difficult. 

• I work in education. It's hard for many people but when you are autistic you need more down time after being around people.  I've had huge sensory and EF overload in work since going back in January and ive learned exhaustion makes it worse and overload is one of my warning signs. I'm just about keeping my head above water. It sounds like you have no or very little down time outside of work too. Consider if you can reduce your hours or take on a less demanding role. Speak to OT,  your union. Its really hard when you've got people coming from all directions at break, and the effort in forcing yourself away often takes up energy. But you need to make yourself have the breaks. You need to prioritise your own health and body because without that you won't be able to do anything. Sorry if it's bleak but yes it's difficult. 

Children
No Data