Any support, advice for navigating the buying and selling of a house?

Hello, 

I am currently in the process of selling and buying a house.  I also work full time and live alone.  I am finding the whole process of buying and selling unbearable.  I have no parents or support network.  For example the survey was cancelled today, I have had to make over 15 phonecalls and I was struggling to speak/just shut down completely on the phone and then burst in to tears.

The sale of the house has gone fairly smoothly, but the purchase is behind so I begin catastrophizing about losing the buyer etc.  I appreciate buying a house is stressful, I haven't even gotten to the packing and moving stage, which to be honest is what I am dreading the most.   I feel like I have paid agents, brokers etc to handle the 'admin; side of things, which is where I struggle.  Oh and phonecalls!

Where would most people turn for advice and support on this issue?  It's really not an autism friendly process, especially when I am navigating a change in career as well as home.

I've been telling call handlers that I'm autistic- just to give myself the space to not be misinterpreted.  I also tell them that I find phonecalls difficult and that I have already been on a significant number of call sin that day so am drained.   I think my hopes were just really pinned on it happening today as well, because without it happening, the process feels lengthened which makes me even more anxious.

Apologies for rambling on, but if anyone has any tips or connections who might support with this, I'd be grateful.

Parents
  • One thing that might help is to create a checklist of tasks you need to complete for both the sale and the purchase. Breaking things down into smaller steps can make it feel more manageable and less daunting. Also, consider designating specific times for phone calls so they don’t feel like they’re taking over your day. Remember to give yourself breaks in between; it’s okay to step back when it feels too much.

I can relate to your struggle because I went through something similar not too long ago. During my house hunt, I found a Property Buying Company that really made things easier for me. They helped streamline a lot of the stressful processes, especially with the paperwork and negotiations. It was a huge relief to have someone experienced on my side. I think it could really benefit you too, especially since you mentioned the challenges with phone calls and the admin side of things. If you're interested, I can share more about them or you can check out this link for more information.

• One thing that might help is to create a checklist of tasks you need to complete for both the sale and the purchase. Breaking things down into smaller steps can make it feel more manageable and less daunting. Also, consider designating specific times for phone calls so they don’t feel like they’re taking over your day. Remember to give yourself breaks in between; it’s okay to step back when it feels too much.

I can relate to your struggle because I went through something similar not too long ago. During my house hunt, I found a Property Buying Company that really made things easier for me. They helped streamline a lot of the stressful processes, especially with the paperwork and negotiations. It was a huge relief to have someone experienced on my side. I think it could really benefit you too, especially since you mentioned the challenges with phone calls and the admin side of things. If you're interested, I can share more about them or you can check out this link for more information.

Children
No Data