Eating the Same Meal each day

I can eat fish and rice seven nights a week and am just wondering if this is an autism thing? 

Is it comfort through repetition maybe?  ......(seems unlikely).

Do others here have similarly bad dietry habits?

Ben

Parents
  • I tend to go that way just from anxiety. If I feel like I can eat cheese on toast and be okay, that part of me in the back of my head says that maybe if I have peanut butter on toast it could be a disaster. 

I try pretty hard to mix things up at least a little because the more you get in the habit of doing the same thing, the harder it gets to break out. And the harder it is to deal if you suddenly can't have what you always do. 

• I tend to go that way just from anxiety. If I feel like I can eat cheese on toast and be okay, that part of me in the back of my head says that maybe if I have peanut butter on toast it could be a disaster. 

I try pretty hard to mix things up at least a little because the more you get in the habit of doing the same thing, the harder it gets to break out. And the harder it is to deal if you suddenly can't have what you always do. 

Children
  • I can relate to this- i used to be so so inflexible- even portion sizes, brands and everything had to be the same - i got super anxious otherwise but this need for sameness was also causing more issues as actually sometimes i want different things or am more or less hungry