homeopathy

Hi there

Has anyone tried homeopathy on their autistic kids? I am doing it at the moment with my 8 years old son but I don't know anyone that has tried with success or not. I would like to hear any point of view. We are using a kind of homeopathy called Isotherapy to treat the possible causes of his autism, starting by detox the vaccines he had as a baby and working our way up. Also having remedies for his behaviors, obsessions (lots at the moment). It is early days but I hope it can help. Thanks for your comments.

• Hi 

could you pls give some feedback about Homeopathy treatment of your child. As I am looking forward for my son as well. I really appreciate your advice

• Yellow, how is your child's treatment going?  Any feedback would be appreciated as we're considering this for our daughter.

• Hi again Yellow.  I googled isotherapy + looked at various info on it.  I also had a look at the Research Autism site + could find homeopathy but not isotherapy.  I read about cease therapy on google + also Steelclaws on snake oil, which put a strongly opposing view.  I think we can accept from years of research that autism has a genetic component to it. If we then accept current thinking (nas, research etc) that other environmental factors can arise which may make susceptible children autistic, then that's about as much as we can "know".  The problem as the environmental factors can be almost anything :  stress in the womb, pollutants, vaccines etc.  Once these come into the equation then it can open the door to "therapists" of any description.  Parents can see a rationale of why a treatment may work so they try it.  I prefer the "tried + tested" : parents who understand how autism affects their child as an individual, the right environment educationally etc.  (I'm not saying you don't do all this already!).  Your child will progress + you may believe that it's related to your loving care and understanding + also to the isotherapy.  There are many coincidences in life + I think it will be impossible to be sure if something was to do with the treatment or not.  As long as any treatment is safe, even vitamins in large enough doses are dangerous, then it won't do any harm.  But, whether it'll do any good + how much it costs?  I do wish you well.  I hope I have explained my view in a reasonable way.  bw.

• A book by Tinus Smits called Autism Beyond Despair, The Cease therapy. Very interesting, I would recomend it.

• Hi - I've never tried homeopathy of any kind so cannot comment from personal experience.  From what I've read over the yrs it's always seemed illogical that something so weak can have any effect.  I've read disparaging remarks from scientists etc about it.  I cannot understand how it's supposed to work with detoxing vaccinations or dealing with genetics related to autism.  What convinced you to try homeopathy?