How many people here are both isolated and alone and also have the Christian faith?

I know we have a few really isolated people here, and I know we have a few Christians, but I'm interested to see if there many (or even any) who exist in both groups.

*EDIT* Thank you all for your answers. It's been a nice discussion to be a part of for once! It seems fair to say that the christian faith fro those who have it seems to help a bit in most cases, greatly in others, and fail for some. A common cause of "failure" seems to be a mis-selling of the basic message, the nature of which varies depending upon which imperfect human tried to give you the faith. The God I believe in, has given us everything we need to have a great life, if we can only just learn to use it right.

Most of us need to live a long life just to figure that out, then we die! 

Parents
  • I think recently I can say that I fit both criteria I’m both a Christian and isolated.

I didn’t always used to be so isolated I think age has a lot to do with it when I was younger I was quite active in our churches young adults ministry and I think that when I got to a certain age I was encouraged to move out of that, no one told me I had to but at the same time it became less and less accessible to me time wise. once you get out of the young adults ministry in our church there really isn’t anything for single people.

Everything is really aimed at couples and people with families. There are men’s groups and women’s groups but they really focus around stereotypical men’s and women’s activities, and typically the activities of men and women who are in middle-age and often with kids which tend to be quite different from younger men and women. At the same time the young adults ministry was moving in a kind of culturally odd direction where it was turning into more of a young professionals ministry. I think you know the type, the kind of young person whose idea of a good time is a salsa night or a wine tasting. The kind that like the idea of acting mature.

Our church has been very big on trying to organise and encourage people into small groups but again they’ve all tended to be built up based on the same demographic pattern.

Now given the opportunity I would still go out and dance in a nightclub or play video games or watch some anime, I really have no great interest in discussing mortgage prices or school catchment areas or the cost of people carriers or whatever it is it happens at these events; I think a lot of it is football and knitting type stuff.

Maybe the lack of suitable groups wouldn’t be as big a deal if I wasn’t in one of these so-called mega churches where you have over 1000 people quite often at a Sunday morning service. That said I think in a smaller church, and I have visited smaller churches with family members, you have the opposite problem that is to say the variety of people is so narrow that you really don’t see there’s anyone in the church that you can relate to.

• I think recently I can say that I fit both criteria I’m both a Christian and isolated.

I didn’t always used to be so isolated I think age has a lot to do with it when I was younger I was quite active in our churches young adults ministry and I think that when I got to a certain age I was encouraged to move out of that, no one told me I had to but at the same time it became less and less accessible to me time wise. once you get out of the young adults ministry in our church there really isn’t anything for single people.

Everything is really aimed at couples and people with families. There are men’s groups and women’s groups but they really focus around stereotypical men’s and women’s activities, and typically the activities of men and women who are in middle-age and often with kids which tend to be quite different from younger men and women. At the same time the young adults ministry was moving in a kind of culturally odd direction where it was turning into more of a young professionals ministry. I think you know the type, the kind of young person whose idea of a good time is a salsa night or a wine tasting. The kind that like the idea of acting mature.

Our church has been very big on trying to organise and encourage people into small groups but again they’ve all tended to be built up based on the same demographic pattern.

Now given the opportunity I would still go out and dance in a nightclub or play video games or watch some anime, I really have no great interest in discussing mortgage prices or school catchment areas or the cost of people carriers or whatever it is it happens at these events; I think a lot of it is football and knitting type stuff.

Maybe the lack of suitable groups wouldn’t be as big a deal if I wasn’t in one of these so-called mega churches where you have over 1000 people quite often at a Sunday morning service. That said I think in a smaller church, and I have visited smaller churches with family members, you have the opposite problem that is to say the variety of people is so narrow that you really don’t see there’s anyone in the church that you can relate to.

Children
No Data