tooth and gum decay

I've struggled with dental pain since my teens (I'm now 27). Recently, I phoned my local dentist to see if they were taking on NHS patients. They were not. I also have really bad sensory difficulties surrounding dental appointments. My life is hard enough without having to deal with recurring excurciating pain. Any tips for distractions, soothing techniques, meds? Thank you.

Parents
  • YES!! Someone I can share my recent discovery with, who will really benefit. 

I've been a textbook study in tooth decay, which apparently runs down my bloodline, I'm the only one who hasn't got false teeth!

I started using "Better You" branded D3000 Vitamin D oral spray as recommended to help ward off Covid. A side effect I've noted is that my breath started smelling better and the ever present plaque was clearly reduced. It returns if I stop using the spray after about a week, consistently and retreats again (quickly) when I resume using the spray. 

I wish I'd known when I was younger, and cannot believe that every dentist doesn't recommend it!!

(There again healthy teeth don't pay the Mercedes leasing payments, do they? Overly cynical of course, obviously as a group of professionals, they just don't really know about Vitamin D being so useful in this regard...) 

• This wonder drug sounds great, thanks for sharing! Might have to get hold of some myself

Reply Children
  • Of course, I may turn out to be a freak, and it not work for anyone else, but I kid you not, this has transformed my dental experience, even more than the switch from amalgam to composite fillings did. 

I JUST WISH SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME WHEN I WAS YOUNGER !!! 

• I have presentable front teeth thank goodness but I've more fillings towards the back than I should. The unfortunate result of going to the dentists one time in my teens to ask for an overdue check-up and being told 'you're an adult now, don't bother us until you have a problem' I was so embarrassed that Ididn't go for years. Turns out they were the only dentist to ever tell someone that! When I mention it now and again, people can't believe it. They've been going every six months - at theoir dentist's insistence right through their adult lives. 

I do now of course, but there's more damage than there should be - mostly at the back thank goodness!