tooth and gum decay

I've struggled with dental pain since my teens (I'm now 27). Recently, I phoned my local dentist to see if they were taking on NHS patients. They were not. I also have really bad sensory difficulties surrounding dental appointments. My life is hard enough without having to deal with recurring excurciating pain. Any tips for distractions, soothing techniques, meds? Thank you.

Parents
  • Really sorry to hear you're going through dental pain, shortstuff. There really should be better provision for this than there is, that kind of suffering is something nobody should have to endure for long. I had emergency root canal surgery on Monday, and had I not I would have gone insane by now. But while I was worrying about whether I needed to take some drastic action myself, a friend from this forum kindly sent me a link to self-repair kits that Boots sells - for sealing off decay as a temp patch. Maybe they - the kits- could offer some help?  

• Really sorry to hear you're going through dental pain, shortstuff. There really should be better provision for this than there is, that kind of suffering is something nobody should have to endure for long. I had emergency root canal surgery on Monday, and had I not I would have gone insane by now. But while I was worrying about whether I needed to take some drastic action myself, a friend from this forum kindly sent me a link to self-repair kits that Boots sells - for sealing off decay as a temp patch. Maybe they - the kits- could offer some help?  

Children
No Data