Bad Diet

I don't know how to improve my diet. I only eat and drink sweet sugary things. The healthy stuff always tastes and smells wrong. I know the problem, but I don't know how to get around it.

Whenever I try new stuff my stomach hurts. It hurts anyway, usually aching or sharp pains even without food. I get a lot of burping and it always feels firm and tight. Going to the toilet is ok, hurts sometimes but I'm always getting yellow mucus. I practically live on antacids to ease this. And my stomach feels hungry a lot despite that I'm eating sweets throughout the day.

I'm guessing my poor diet is behind this? 

I keep fit. Do a lot of workouts and sport but my food and drink is all the wrong stuff. I just don't like anything else, I've always been like this with my diet.

I've thought of calling doctor's but it's not worth the emotional and mental strain. I can do phonecalls no problem but actually going to be checked out and have tests is now impossible. My anxiety explodes like a great big bomb and I'm destroyed, it can take months to recover from one appointment, if not longer.

I don't think there's acting seriously wrong. The yellow mucus isn't nice but there's no blood, no vomiting, just discomfort and burping. Sometimes nausea but not a lot.

If anyone else has this problem then any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks team. Thumbsup

Parents
  • You should be eating a shed load of protein and fruit and veg and carbs if you are working out. The body needs extra fuel to exercise. Are you sure you are not dehydrated. Thirst feels like hunger for many. You need more than 8 full glasses of water a day, on top of your usual drink.

Have you considered trying tiny amounts of sweet foods. Sweet potatoes for example. Porridge fortified with vits which you can add sugar or a sweet er or even honey or maple syrup? I think there are loads of plain options to try, but go small. You don’t want to shock your stomach. It’s already in a bit of a pickle with high sugar content and gas. 
     Good luck.

• You should be eating a shed load of protein and fruit and veg and carbs if you are working out. The body needs extra fuel to exercise. Are you sure you are not dehydrated. Thirst feels like hunger for many. You need more than 8 full glasses of water a day, on top of your usual drink.

Have you considered trying tiny amounts of sweet foods. Sweet potatoes for example. Porridge fortified with vits which you can add sugar or a sweet er or even honey or maple syrup? I think there are loads of plain options to try, but go small. You don’t want to shock your stomach. It’s already in a bit of a pickle with high sugar content and gas. 
     Good luck.

Children
No Data