Sleeping a lot and impact on daily life and routine

Hi everyone I am really struggling I sleep a lot because my autism and I burn out and have meltdowns. Since lockdown my whole routine went out the window and before Christmas I received my diagnosis.  Since having this I have really been thinking about things especially jobs and how need to rest will impact that and how employer would see that as I don't want to seen as lazy or not hard working. 

When I sleep it mess up my night time sleep as I go to bed later because of sleeping bit in the day. I am really concerned and wondering if anyone has some advice?   

Parents
  • Hmm, I'm not sure I am having the opposite problem at the moment where I just cannot sleep at all... best case scenario fall asleep a few hours at 2/3 am but even then it's broken sleep and if I do sleep it's in the morning which is not very feasible with work.... 

It's hard to tell but it is possible the job would help you get into a new routine with sleep... Could you maybe take a job where your hours are flexible? or possibly start off part time so that even if the hours aren't flexible there are at least less of them? 

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful... I have been in relatively good sleep routines in the past though early mornings were never my thing .... but I can't really pinpoint why I was in a good routine at time vs bad one now... though I do blame stress and sheer exhaustion and burnout... has anyone else noticed that when they are super tired, it is even harder to sleep? 

• has anyone else noticed that when they are super tired, it is even harder to sleep? 

Yes, it's super annoying!

Reply Children
No Data