Escaping the system

Work, consume, die and never question why

I believe this is what we are being taught every day. Children at school are not taught to learn, develop, think for themselves and have enquiring minds. They are taught to become part of the system, good little cogs in the wheel, and never question why. Im a teacher so I know this first hand

In adulthood we are taught that the only way to happiness is by acquiring posessions. We are taught we need big houses, nice cars, designer clothes and endless updated technology to be happy. The I phone 14 will soon be out and no doubt Apple will be convincing all the millions that it has technology that wasn't in the first 13 phones, your old phone is now completely inferior and you really need this new one and the £50 a month direct debit contract to be happy! We always need bigger TVs and faster broadband. I find it interesting that in this cost of living crisis (which I am suffering from myself, having lost my job and had my energy bills tripled) the one thing people cannot live without is their smartphones. I honestly think people would rather starve or freeze than give up their phones. Some I think would rather not be able to feed their kids properly than give up their phone. I have just bought a £6 basic LG texting and calling phone from Oxfam and I couldn't be happier with it. We dont need this stuff, its just a marketing trick! I have an old iphone that I dont pay a penny for and just connect to the wi fi to reply to whats app messages but I am thinking of selling it.

Social media deadens the human mind. Endless scrolling has a numbing, almost hypnotising effect and reduces human intelligence. We numb ourselves with social media and endless expensive subscriptions to streaming services where we "consume content"

If you support a football team you have to buy a £70 piece of cheap polyester every few months to show you support them. You have to pay a £120 for a pair of shoes worth £20 just cos it has a tick on the side. 

You are bombarded with adds for deliveroo and uber eats to buy endless takeaways and then bombarded with further adds to pay £50 a month to join a gym to get fit again afterwards. 
Gyms are the biggest con of all. £50 direct debit to do the same exercises indoors that you can do outdoors in the fresh air for free

The only way to acquire all this stuff you "need to be happy" is to work every hour under the sun at a job you hate and never leave it for your whole life. Of course even then you still cant afford everything so you will need the greatest con of all, credit cards, to buy this stuff. You then get into debt and become even more enslaved to the system as then you can never leave your job or you wont be able to pay your debts.

Guess what....... Its all a con! You dont need any of this stuff to be happy and the human race has survived for thousands of years living a simple life without any of it. None of this stuff brings happiness and the more you chase it the more unhappy you will get. 

I am trying to change my life and escape the system. Once you see through it all you can never view life the same again 

Parents
  • this chase for happiness is all a con too..... you cant be happy.... the only way you can be happy is to delude yourself into thinking your happy, but happiness simply doesnt exist in this world, human evolution got this far because of the pursuit of happiness, because we are all naturally unhappy and depressed and we seek to change the world and invent things to try create happiness but yet we never get it.the only way to get happiness is to delude yourself into thinking your happy, into thinking your better than what you are too. happiness is a delusion, anyone who is happy is deluded and likely thinks of themselves as beautiful too. in a way perhaps happiness is just another form of narcisism or schizophrenia? lol

• I think happiness is individual for everyone and theres dif fervent tupes of happiness possibly. This feeling is a bit elusive for me anyway. Might be the autism or alexithymia. I just know, there are times when in nature where I feel connected. This might be seen as happiness. When I'm in a flow state I feel happy. Acceptance of a difficult situation I realise has made me feel a bit happy. These are not states I've been striving for - they just happen.

• I think happiness is individual for everyone and theres dif fervent tupes of happiness possibly. This feeling is a bit elusive for me anyway. Might be the autism or alexithymia. I just know, there are times when in nature where I feel connected. This might be seen as happiness. When I'm in a flow state I feel happy. Acceptance of a difficult situation I realise has made me feel a bit happy. These are not states I've been striving for - they just happen.

Children
  • Yes a bit like fake it till you make it. I was suspicious of overly happy people. I think accepting oneself also helps toward inner happiness. 

• when im in nature i feel more...de-stressing, calm, and almost spiritual so yes thats probably the feeling of being connected... but happiness i dunno if id say thats there.

happiness feels different i think, deeper... perhaps im just depressed and what i think is happiness is just the times that i motivate myself and then feel badass and that perhaps lifts the depression and hence makes me feel happy. so happiness to me is deluding one self into things... into thinking your badass, into motivating yourself, perhaps lift a bit of weights and make your body buff and delude yourself into thinking its buffer than it is. happiness a lift of mood that breaks the depressive norm, but to lift that mood you need to delude yourself in order to lift yourself up through that.

but yeah perhaps there is a state of higher happiness than that from none permanent depressed people that can go higher, and bipolars too as part of bipolar is not only a low but getting a super high too, so i guess theyd have a happiness beyond what i can imagine too before they get their big crash