What are the best health and lifestyle investments in yourself you've made?

I've got a HM Aeron chair, a Dyson air purifier, a set of Philips Hue lights, and a couple memberships at local boutique boxing and yoga gyms. These investments have done wonders for my mental and physical health.

What fat products and memberships have you found worthwhile?

Parents
  • Switching to zero calorie fizzy drinks was a big turnaround for me. I could go through a 30 pack of Coca Cola in 3 days. Now I can still drink as much as I want and it basically doesn't matter.

• Now I can still drink as much as I want and it basically doesn't matter.

Lack of sugar is a good thing in the drinks but that is only part of the issue - the chemicals that make up the flavouring and the carbonisation all contribute to be quite damaging to the gut (and mouth) in high volumes.

I recommend reading this article on it for an overview:

https://www.eatingwell.com/article/8049673/what-soda-does-to-your-body/

My doc has restricted me to 3 cans a day to avoid gastric issues and it has made my digestion a heck of a lot better than it was. My dentist backed this up and advised me against it at all if I can as even the sugar free stuff rots the teeth and affects the natural cleaning mechanism of the mouth.

I would recommend a decent water filter and natural fruit juices which are higher in calories but are way healthier in the long run.

• Now I can still drink as much as I want and it basically doesn't matter.

Lack of sugar is a good thing in the drinks but that is only part of the issue - the chemicals that make up the flavouring and the carbonisation all contribute to be quite damaging to the gut (and mouth) in high volumes.

I recommend reading this article on it for an overview:

https://www.eatingwell.com/article/8049673/what-soda-does-to-your-body/

My doc has restricted me to 3 cans a day to avoid gastric issues and it has made my digestion a heck of a lot better than it was. My dentist backed this up and advised me against it at all if I can as even the sugar free stuff rots the teeth and affects the natural cleaning mechanism of the mouth.

I would recommend a decent water filter and natural fruit juices which are higher in calories but are way healthier in the long run.

Children
No Data