Why is finding healthy food so complicated

I have to be honest, I don’t know very much about what is healthy and nutritious for you, I grew up on sugary breakfast cereal, instant soup cans, and frozen pizza for most of my childhood. Now I’m a teen just trying to improve her health but there’s so much conflicting information out there. I thought I was being healthier by making coffee at home and using sugar free syrups in it instead of going to Starbucks every morning and starting my day with 300 liquid calories, but now I’m hearing that what I’m doing is apparently worse? And I thought buying the banza Mac and cheese boxes and pairing it with some broccoli was better than my usual Kraft Mac and cheese box but now I’m being told it’s not? And I thought eating a bunch of fruits and vegetables throughout the day surely would be healthy right??? But every one just says “too many carbs and sugars.” It just seems like every food I find that I think is healthy is apparently not, what am I supposed to eat??? It’s like there’s something wrong with every food on earth! I don’t know what to do, I just wanted to be healthier :(

Parents
  • As someone who almost lost their life to an eating disorder, no food is more healthy than a healthy relationship with food. All foods are ‘healthy’ in moderation. Ten chocolate bars isn’t healthy but neither is ten avocados.  :)

• As someone who almost lost their life to an eating disorder, no food is more healthy than a healthy relationship with food. All foods are ‘healthy’ in moderation. Ten chocolate bars isn’t healthy but neither is ten avocados.  :)

Children
No Data