Why is finding healthy food so complicated

I have to be honest, I don’t know very much about what is healthy and nutritious for you, I grew up on sugary breakfast cereal, instant soup cans, and frozen pizza for most of my childhood. Now I’m a teen just trying to improve her health but there’s so much conflicting information out there. I thought I was being healthier by making coffee at home and using sugar free syrups in it instead of going to Starbucks every morning and starting my day with 300 liquid calories, but now I’m hearing that what I’m doing is apparently worse? And I thought buying the banza Mac and cheese boxes and pairing it with some broccoli was better than my usual Kraft Mac and cheese box but now I’m being told it’s not? And I thought eating a bunch of fruits and vegetables throughout the day surely would be healthy right??? But every one just says “too many carbs and sugars.” It just seems like every food I find that I think is healthy is apparently not, what am I supposed to eat??? It’s like there’s something wrong with every food on earth! I don’t know what to do, I just wanted to be healthier :(

Parents
  • I think everything in moderation is a good place to start. Counting calories and carbs etc over complicates things in my opinion.a

Meat or fish with some carbs and veg or salad is an ideal dinner.

If you fancied a burger, try opting for a plant based one. They often taste the same,  but are full of protein, and cook quickly. 

Lunch could be a sandwich with piece of fruit and a yoghurt for example. A tin of soup is absolutely fine if it isn’t every day.

Breakfast could be a tea/coffee and breakfast bar, or toast, or a bagel, or cereal, or porridge? Even yogurt and a bit of fruit. 

Try and eat at least 5 servings of fruit and veg per day. It isn’t always possible, but if you choose fruit for your snacks that’s a good start. 
    If you want to do a little more, swap to non dairy milk alternatives, choose low sugar or sugar free foods and drinks, low salt too. 

• The food industry is complex and often prioritizes profits over health. Many processed and packaged foods are loaded with additives, preservatives, and added sugars that make them less healthy. Additionally, there is often confusion around what constitutes a healthy diet, as nutrition research can be contradictory and the media can sensationalize certain findings. However, with some effort, it is possible to find healthy food options, for example bulk coconut milk powder. Another option is to focus on whole, unprocessed foods such as fruits, vegetables, powder, whole grains, and lean proteins. 

• The food industry is complex and often prioritizes profits over health. Many processed and packaged foods are loaded with additives, preservatives, and added sugars that make them less healthy. Additionally, there is often confusion around what constitutes a healthy diet, as nutrition research can be contradictory and the media can sensationalize certain findings. However, with some effort, it is possible to find healthy food options, for example bulk coconut milk powder. Another option is to focus on whole, unprocessed foods such as fruits, vegetables, powder, whole grains, and lean proteins. 

Children
No Data