Food and Drink

Hi,

What's your food and drink diet like?

Mine isn't the best. I don't eat much because I get a lot of pains and it puts me off because everything hurts. I try to eat plain foods if possible.

Drinking is pretty much the same. I don't feel that thirsty much so don't drink a lot.

I see a dietician as well but she's not much help yet.

Parents
  • I mostly eat plain starches as they're the best way for me to get calories without getting a stomach ache. I eat half a loaf of homemade white sourdough bread every day, as well as white rice and potatoes or pasta. I also eat soft-boiled peeled vegetables, soy milk, and beans, and supplement with corn starch to get enough calories to support an active lifestyle.

Salad and high-fat foods go straight through me so I don't eat them - I tried to "retrain" my gut to accept them for a few years but it didn't help in the slightest, just gave me agoraphobia and Imodium dependence. Food containing even a trace amount of chili makes my mouth hurt for several hours so I avoid it. I can tolerate other spices and herbs but feel no inclination to use them. I like rice that tastes like rice, potato that tastes like potato, etc. I have recently started to add salt because I realised that it helps to reduce feelings of dehydration, particularly in summer when I run a lot. I track my intake of vitamins and minerals and take a B12 supplement year round, plus D3 in winter, to make up the gaps.

My diet was a source of conflict in relationships for years until I decided to make it a non-negotiable and stop compromising to make other people happy. I am much more functional now as I am less tied to the bathroom.

• I mostly eat plain starches as they're the best way for me to get calories without getting a stomach ache. I eat half a loaf of homemade white sourdough bread every day, as well as white rice and potatoes or pasta. I also eat soft-boiled peeled vegetables, soy milk, and beans, and supplement with corn starch to get enough calories to support an active lifestyle.

Salad and high-fat foods go straight through me so I don't eat them - I tried to "retrain" my gut to accept them for a few years but it didn't help in the slightest, just gave me agoraphobia and Imodium dependence. Food containing even a trace amount of chili makes my mouth hurt for several hours so I avoid it. I can tolerate other spices and herbs but feel no inclination to use them. I like rice that tastes like rice, potato that tastes like potato, etc. I have recently started to add salt because I realised that it helps to reduce feelings of dehydration, particularly in summer when I run a lot. I track my intake of vitamins and minerals and take a B12 supplement year round, plus D3 in winter, to make up the gaps.

My diet was a source of conflict in relationships for years until I decided to make it a non-negotiable and stop compromising to make other people happy. I am much more functional now as I am less tied to the bathroom.

Children
No Data