Earplugs

Hi,

My doctor has recommended I wear earplugs at work so I can focus better and not be overwhelmed by background noise. Can anyone recommend what type of earplugs to use that aren't pricey?

Parents
  • I find ear plugs too uncomfortable for me so use sound limiting headphones that go over my head and this works well for me if I go out. At home I use my own stuff to try make sound a little more comfortable.

• I keep meaning to use them more at home. My fridge makes a fair bit of noise and while I can close off the kitchen it still gets through to the living room. Be good to wear them when reading on the sofa or similar.

• That must drive you nuts! I hate anything electrical like that because it hums kind of and that for me is so irritating. Definitely use your headphones when it's whining away. I do :) They're good because they lessen the noise but you'll still hear the phone ring or if someone talks to you.

• Ah yes, I definitely do have earphones in a lot out of laziness anyway. Being a podcast junkie and and avid listener to audiobooks, youtube talks/crime interrogations, audio dramas...and when I press pause I kind of forget I still have them in there. I listen to everything at a modest volume as I can never understand people blasting their eardrums from such a near distance. But it's enough to drown out the fridge!

• Ah yes, I definitely do have earphones in a lot out of laziness anyway. Being a podcast junkie and and avid listener to audiobooks, youtube talks/crime interrogations, audio dramas...and when I press pause I kind of forget I still have them in there. I listen to everything at a modest volume as I can never understand people blasting their eardrums from such a near distance. But it's enough to drown out the fridge!

Children
No Data