Earplugs

Hi,

My doctor has recommended I wear earplugs at work so I can focus better and not be overwhelmed by background noise. Can anyone recommend what type of earplugs to use that aren't pricey?

Parents Reply Children
  • I'm listening to a really noisy overhead monitor in work right now. Can't wait to get away from it in ten minutes when we close. I'm not usually under it thank goodness, but the office brings its own sensory overloads - roof machinery though the (seemingly mandatary) open window. I mean I know it's not life in the trenches, but still... 

• My fridge is a big loud and slightly distracting, but what was affecting more was a bathroom fan droning - not that loud in the day, but at night it was slightly irritating.  The filter was really clogged with dust, so I washed it and put it back and now its quieter.  

• Ah yes, I definitely do have earphones in a lot out of laziness anyway. Being a podcast junkie and and avid listener to audiobooks, youtube talks/crime interrogations, audio dramas...and when I press pause I kind of forget I still have them in there. I listen to everything at a modest volume as I can never understand people blasting their eardrums from such a near distance. But it's enough to drown out the fridge!

• That must drive you nuts! I hate anything electrical like that because it hums kind of and that for me is so irritating. Definitely use your headphones when it's whining away. I do :) They're good because they lessen the noise but you'll still hear the phone ring or if someone talks to you.