Hair washing

Hello All :-)

Does anyone here hate washing their own hair.  I tend to avoid washing my hair until it gets really greasy (not good I know).

I wash my hair over my bath with a shower hose and I try and do it as quickly as possible as I hate getting my face wet.   When I was a child, my mother used to wash my hair with a shower hose over the bath and I would have to put a flannel over my face.

If I'm at the hairdressers and have my hair washed over a basin it doesn't seem to bother me.

Just want to hear your thoughts, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Parents
  • I thought this was just me! It’s amazing to read of all these other people feeling the same as me. 
    I hate washing my hair, especially first thing in the morning. The feeling of the water pouring over my head is horrible. I can feel my head tingling just thinking about it. 
    however, I am incredibly self conscious about my hair as I started losing it at 19 and have always been made fun of for it. Therefore it causes me anxiety if I don’t wash it every day before work So I am in a vicious circle. 
    sometimes I miss my bus for work cos I have spent so long in the morning puting off washing my hair 

• Same here, I never realised that there were a lot of people including yourself who feel the same way as me.

I too hate the feeling of water pouring over my head too and I almost shudder thinking about it.

I tend to wash my hair in the evening and like yourself spend so long trying to put it off.

• Same here, I never realised that there were a lot of people including yourself who feel the same way as me.

I too hate the feeling of water pouring over my head too and I almost shudder thinking about it.

I tend to wash my hair in the evening and like yourself spend so long trying to put it off.

Children
No Data