Sensory overload re Haemorrhoids ruining life

This is my first post here, so here goes.  My 29 yr old Aspie son has been plagued by haemorrhoids for years, culminating in surgery 2020, which after the immence effort it took to have it, the procedure failed.  He is constantly in pain and in fear of the swelling.  Wont take any pain relief for fear of dulling the pain and the haemorrhoid getting bigger.

We have seen consultants and even had a private consulation this week which we were told surgery would be the answer but it would be extremely painful,  for 6 weeks with an open wound and no guarantee of a pain free life after.  The doctor even said that for someone like my son who is so sensory overloaded, he wouldnt be able to cope with the pain and would feel suicidal.

so now we are left facing a life being unable to walk, do anything he wants to do, stuck at home.   He has just been given medicinal cannabis which helps

He says there is no point anymore

I really dont know how to help him.  Has anyone else been in a similar situation

Parents
  • It’s just me but I’d take the surgery. If the pain becomes unbearable they can always give him morphine. You can always find a therapeutic dose (so I’m told). Although that dose may end up knocking him out so he spends most days asleep.

• It’s just me but I’d take the surgery. If the pain becomes unbearable they can always give him morphine. You can always find a therapeutic dose (so I’m told). Although that dose may end up knocking him out so he spends most days asleep.

Children
No Data