SSRIs

Hello,

Has anyone found SSRIs to help with sensitivities? I used to take them for anxiety but the one I took seemed to stop working. Not sure if they actually help with my irritations such as noise and fidgeting people, but I would so love a pill that levelled everything out to be more manageable. 

Parents
  • Before I realised I was autistic I was taking sertraline for anxiety. I don't think it helped with sensory stuff.

The only small benefit was a general numbing, mildly reducing the severity of my anxiety "panic attacks" - in retrospect these were meltdowns, so I ditched the sertraline and now just try to avoid melting down (now I understand what's triggering them).

• Interesting to read.  I’m on setraline and concerned at panic returning.  I didn’t realise that I was having a meltdown just before the prescription but it explains it.  How do you avoid triggers if they’re going to be unexpected events with people at work? 

• Interesting to read.  I’m on setraline and concerned at panic returning.  I didn’t realise that I was having a meltdown just before the prescription but it explains it.  How do you avoid triggers if they’re going to be unexpected events with people at work? 

Children
No Data