Intrusive Thoughts

I have OCD traits, along with my Autism, and have had intrusive thoughts. It culminated today, whenever I was angry at losing my Card Reader for my online banking. (I ordered a new one online) Then, I had to deal with more bureaucratic hurdles to jump - to request death certificates for a brother and a sister of my granddad.

Anyone else deal with inrtusive thoughts?

• I do have intrusive thoughts more so in the last 2 years but now i have it under control. By using the principle of changing my focus. So say you are spirallying with your intrusive thoughts.

Have a list of things you can do such as 

1) read a book for 30mins if this doesn't work go to 2

2) run for 30mins  if this doesn't work go to 3

3) hit the bag for 30mins  if this doesn't work go to 4

4) go for a long walk  if this doesn't work go to 3

it can be anything this will vary from person to person if you are at work try think of plans to do something like a trip you must remain positive or at the very least neutral. 

• Setraline or Prozac reduces obsessive thinking 

• My anxiety is always raging. The worst part of life without alcohol or drugs.

• Hey, Desmond. I used to have them during very strong anxiety attacks.  Not so much in recent years. I still recall how absolutely horrid they were and how much they incapacitated me at the time. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.