Has anyone read this?

Parents

• Yes ~ back in 2016 a year after my diagnosis once my emotions had settled down, and I used the developmental stages to reassess and re-narrate my upbringing in a relevant and accurate way. I basically used regression techniques to revisit the quarrelsome times of my childhood and explain to my memorised versions of my selves and others that we did not know I had Asperger's Syndrome, so all was forgiven and made a lot more sense as such.

I often recommend this book to the newly diagnosed or parents that have as such diagnosed children.

• I'm reading it and it's having a strange effect on me. I keep crying at certain passages.

• Yeah, I did. I recognise the things I went through, but the parts that affected me were the sudden in sights into how what I've always done is different from NTs, and I had no notion that WAS any different from anyone else. In particular, the fact that they do just intuit other people. I didn't know. I thought everyone did what is described in the passage below.

I think what I'm saying is that it wasn't the bits that I always knew were different about me (however painful) that upset me, but the bits where I had no idea that I was different until I read this. No wonder I've spent my life exhausted.

• Yeah, I did. I recognise the things I went through, but the parts that affected me were the sudden in sights into how what I've always done is different from NTs, and I had no notion that WAS any different from anyone else. In particular, the fact that they do just intuit other people. I didn't know. I thought everyone did what is described in the passage below.

I think what I'm saying is that it wasn't the bits that I always knew were different about me (however painful) that upset me, but the bits where I had no idea that I was different until I read this. No wonder I've spent my life exhausted.

Children
No Data