HELP!!! School Refusal

My 14 y.o keeps 'shutting down' every Friday in school. I'm not quite sure why. But today I had to pick her up early. 

I didn't take the car we would usually take and she got distressed. She explained that the car we took today is really loud and not smooth whilst driving. 

Today in school she refused to do work, eat, drink or even participate in lessons. This happens every Friday but she was refusing and misbehaving, unlike the other Friday's, where she will just shutdown. 

When she got home she wasn't talking to me and blamed me for taking that car and not the other, then there was no food, then she said I was neglecting her. She is now saying she will not go to school on sunny days since she does not like the sun, the warmth or the brightness and it puts her into a negative mood. I need help!!! 

(She only does part time in school). 

Parents
  • No, You don't need help, Your daughter needs support from a professional so please call the national autism society general enquiry line and ask them for advice and to sign post you to professional who can work with your daughter to develop coping mechanism so she can manage school and recognise triggers that may result in challenging behaviour.

• Thanks Blue, we will definitely look into that. She is Year 10 now so we are trying to get into a school which specializes in ASD which provides a lot of support. She knows some of her triggers but otherwise she has no clue why she misbehaves on Fridays.

• Thanks Blue, we will definitely look into that. She is Year 10 now so we are trying to get into a school which specializes in ASD which provides a lot of support. She knows some of her triggers but otherwise she has no clue why she misbehaves on Fridays.

Children
  • This school she will be going to can meet her needs, has 1:1 support and it also says she needs these things in her EHCP. This was our last resort for her to have an education. Thanks for the advice x

• You need to not put so much faith into the education system providing extra support, it doesn't matter if your daughter goes to a specialized school she is not going to get the one to one support in that environment she needs to help her understand her behaviour. I am saying this from experience of being in the extra support class when i was at school and funding is less know per child than it was then it was.