Disproportionate Frustration when Unwell

I hate feeling even a little bit out of kilter.  It stops me being able to concentrate and I get incredibly frustrated, even to the point of meltdown at times.

At the moment I have mild hayfever so nothing to worry about, but I also have chronic tendinopathy in a couple of joints and it seems the two issues are just augmenting each other.  I just want to get on with my day but can't seem to get beyond focussing on the discomfort.  Does anyone else get distracted like that? and then super annoyed with themselves Joy

Parents
  • After with working with my local neurodevelopmental team we discussed how autistic people are obviously more sensitve to external sensory input but also internal too! so if we're unwell we're a lot more sensitive to it meaning we get overwhelmed and distracted by it and can't deal with it as easy as neurotypicals can. i constantly have meltdowns when i'm unwell

• After with working with my local neurodevelopmental team we discussed how autistic people are obviously more sensitve to external sensory input but also internal too! so if we're unwell we're a lot more sensitive to it meaning we get overwhelmed and distracted by it and can't deal with it as easy as neurotypicals can. i constantly have meltdowns when i'm unwell

Children
No Data