The New Government "Virus Tracker" App/Software

...Greetings, Anyone, This is My first Thread since March ("Lockdown")... (Perhaps a pattern may be seen here. Thus anyone of a paranoid/nervous nature (e.g.Myself!) might best not read further...)

I start This Thread seeing if anyone else understands what I am also thinking. I once read in a Newspaper that "The UK is the most surveillance-heavy Nation after China and Russia"... so what will this "Virus Tracker App" be doing after 2021, given that it has & links Names, or EMails, or Addresses, or Details about a Person...? 

Also, what is to stop Persons putting in a False Name/Address/Email...instead of their own? 

Also, what if a person is forced to isolate (through being contacted by this App)... then after 14 days they have no symptoms... but then upon the <>13th day they get yet another message forcing them to Isolate again? (& Over & over...)

Also, what is to stop Malicious Hackers from falsifying information about others...?

...Apart from all of that... Glad Tidings to anyone reading.

• Greetings! I recognize your issues about the surveillance practices in the UK and the virus tracker app.
    First and foremost, it is quintessential to point out that the virus tracker app collects records entirely for the motive of contact tracing. Its principal goal is to discover and alert persons who may also have been in contact with any individual who has examined tremendous for COVID-19. The app employs Bluetooth technological know-how to realize different units with the app hooked up in shut proximity besides monitoring the person's location.
    It is vital to observe that the records accumulated with the aid of the virus tracker app is securely transmitted [link removed by moderator]. This ensures that the information is used solely for the meant motive of contact tracing and that it is blanketed in accordance with records safety laws.
    In conclusion, there is usually a opportunity of malicious actors trying to take gain of any system, inclusive of the virus tracker app. However, the app has been designed retaining protection in mind, and measures have been applied to stop and observe any unauthorized get entry to or facts manipulation.
    I hope this records offers clarity related to your issues about the virus tracker app and its facts series process. 

• Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We certainly understand the concerns that you and other people have about the new government virus tracker app/software. Rest assured that it has been designed with security and privacy in mind, so your data will remain safe and secure. We encourage you to read up on the information available about this software before making a decision on whether or not to use it. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out and we will be more than happy to assist you.

• If you do feel the need to use it.  Buy a new phone, factory reset it.  Make a new google account. Put nothing on the phone but the app and dont put a sim in it.  Just walk around with it, with bluetooth on and nothing else.  then once a day, let it upload.  Sure they can track who you were near, but in the spirit of things you can use it, but not put your own phone and its data at risk.  Or at least thats the way I plan to run it.  If not well, I will switch over to my old 3310 and bollocks to the app.

• I can't believe anyone would be so stupid as to download this tracking app / malware - if you look at its specification, the stated use is only a small part of its capability - it's basically mining all your data, contacts, e-mails, location at all times etc. etc.    And it's already been hacked.

And what stops people randomly and maliciously claiming to have WuFlu (like so many celebrity attention-seekers already have) which will force thousands to isolate for no reason?   You only need to see the carefully coordinated chaos being perpetrated over the world now by Momentum/Sunrise (aka BLM) to see how easy that would be.

No thanks.

• This app will not work at all, mainly because of human error, glitches and most people won't use it

I know someone who has switched to an older phone so their work can't force them to use it. If they did use it and weren't allowed to work then they wouldn't be able to pay their bills

• ...Um...Thank You for the replies. I do not log on so much either (it puts the stress levels up), So I understand. I largely only posted this as a reaction to the News I keep seeing lately. Do Take care of Yourself (& Thanks to the Upvoter --!!-- also.)

...I just wait and see how/if this Thread develops. There are certain persons here who are also programmers, too. (I used to be one, but I <>stopped during "Sonic The Hedgehog"'s Time.)

Slight smile

• Just chance I happened to log on for first time in 5 days a few minutes after your post. Will check news once I've caught up here.

• (...Whoa, that was quick!) ...Um... Greetings to "Autistic Entrepreneur"... I have little idea about the "APP" and cannot download it Myself (I do not have the latest Equipment/EMail)...I just keep hearing about it upon the general News. (Television & Newspapers.)

It just seems to be a very important thing... !!

• I've been out of the loop a bit, what app is this and where can I find more info? Tried to google but it just showed me anti-virus software