Antidepressants

Hi, can anyone suggest an antidepressant that works for them? I’ve tried all sorts but the only one that works for me is venlafaxine but I had to come off it as I get the worst night sweats and they were destroying my sleep. I am now currently on clomipramine but this only helps with my OCD symptoms and doesn’t do much for my depression or anxiety. SSRIs don’t seem to work on me. Anyone found one that works for them? 

thank you 

Parents
  • I think SSRIs (like fluoxetine), SNRIs (like venlafaxine or clomipramine) and NARIs (like reboxetine) do have noticeably different effects, and they're different again from dopamine agonists. If you find one from one class unhelpful, it would seem logical to try a different a different class. You can find some drug info on Wikipedia or in the BNF, and maybe send or take that to your GP.

Well, that's a theory. In practice, for me, no drug (out of 6 or 7) has worked. Systemic psychotherapy helped a bit.

• I think SSRIs (like fluoxetine), SNRIs (like venlafaxine or clomipramine) and NARIs (like reboxetine) do have noticeably different effects, and they're different again from dopamine agonists. If you find one from one class unhelpful, it would seem logical to try a different a different class. You can find some drug info on Wikipedia or in the BNF, and maybe send or take that to your GP.

Well, that's a theory. In practice, for me, no drug (out of 6 or 7) has worked. Systemic psychotherapy helped a bit.

Children
No Data