Antidepressants

Hi, can anyone suggest an antidepressant that works for them? I’ve tried all sorts but the only one that works for me is venlafaxine but I had to come off it as I get the worst night sweats and they were destroying my sleep. I am now currently on clomipramine but this only helps with my OCD symptoms and doesn’t do much for my depression or anxiety. SSRIs don’t seem to work on me. Anyone found one that works for them? 

thank you 

Parents
  • Hi, I have never used them but know some people that have. They said that they made them feel more level-headed and emotionless but ultimately they stopped taking them. I have been told a lot that it is best to avoid them if you can as they only lead to more problems. Personally for me, the list of side effects was too much. I think you should speak to your GP to the best advice although I am slightly sceptical of them in case they just want to prescribe unneccesarily for pharma profits

• Hi, I have never used them but know some people that have. They said that they made them feel more level-headed and emotionless but ultimately they stopped taking them. I have been told a lot that it is best to avoid them if you can as they only lead to more problems. Personally for me, the list of side effects was too much. I think you should speak to your GP to the best advice although I am slightly sceptical of them in case they just want to prescribe unneccesarily for pharma profits

Children
No Data