alcohol worries

Me and my best friend are autistic and he enjoys alcoholic drinks. We sometimes go to the pub together but I struggle with it. 

He happens to be drinking a lot of alcohol and says for banter that he is an alcoholic. When he first said it, I just laughed but when we video call (especially if we're currently in lockdown) he is drinking. I sometimes notice he is grumpy and doesn't seem enthusiastic about our friendship and i'm wondering if that's why. 

I told him i was worried about him becoming an alcoholic and he said he wouldn't care if he became one. So i took that as he wouldn't care if he became abusive. 

I am transgender (female to male) and have been surrounded by toxic masculinity for most of my life, even though professionals should be more educated these days. I was in college in with the 16 year olds as I'm special needs and the person doing a drugs and alcohol education talk made us watch a video of a drunk man vomiting and then said men support it and women are maturer and are obsessed with being pregnant so I ran out of the room crying and a staff member was not very nice to me. I am craving some testosterone and a beer because my best mate is encouraging me by displaying these traits. 

I'm crying every single night about it and need him to give me a hug but I worry he'll be angry with me. I'm very worried he's not himself anymore and i'm so scared i'm going to lose him or he'll end up in prison. I don't want to end up screaming at him.

What shall I do? SobBroken heart My heart is breaking.!

Parents Reply Children
No Data