This may have been done to death(no pun intended..but i wondered how many people struggle with prevalent suicidal thoughts.

Ive always contended with this issue and half attempted at 17yrs...i am now 51., and diagnosed last year with Autism.

I know why i had a break down at 17 as i was being thrust into the wider world and was overwhelmed(not knowing at the time that i had Autism,.)I also had very uncaring parents..

Ive not been par tof a family since 17yrs old...and not had any friends from that time also...And the ones i did have at that time...were just people i latched onto for one reason or another and they rightly in some ways..hated my neediness!

I wont bore anyone with my present circumstances... but ive been going through so much.,...and suicidal thoughts are coming up....but i sense theyre a cognitive crutch when im mentally exhausted !.

But ive began to find great comfort within peoples comments here on the site....Thats im not alone in some senses.....we all ,one way or another have shared symptoms and its encouraging to read that people CAN and do, become comfortable being alone....(if those are the right words) As this is a struggle, which pains me because i know even if i did have friends..i just cannot seem to maintain these relationships....So i hope to finally become a friend to myself..

I dont wish or intend to upset anyone with the subject matter and it doesnt have to go deep at all..but truly feel free to express yourself in whatever way you wish...

but wondered if suicidal thoughts are a thing within Autism itself.?

Parents Reply Children
No Data