I'm on my own

Hello, I'm having to go out on my own now and I'm scared. My dad has died and now that I'm 18 I have to do things for myself and I don't know what to do first. There's the house, mortgage to do which I don't understand at all! It's all so crazy and hard to accept. I hate the change, I hate everything

Parents
  • Sorry for not writing back sooner. I’ve been feeling really low and don’t know what to do at the moment. Every day has felt empty and horrible without my dad. I spend each day sitting and crying not sure what to do to make it better. The change is humongous and so hard to accept.

I’ll look in to the paperwork for the mortgage and what can be done. I have a support woman who’s come by every day to sit and talk with me, that’s been a lot more helpful than I thought it would be. She said she will help me work things out with the house, money and support. Kitsune I’m really sorry to hear about your dad. My dad also had cancer but was showing signs of improvement which is why this has been such a shock. I really thought he was getting better. I’m so sorry you had to go through this when you were 15, that must have been hard for you to go through at such a tender age. I hope it’s better now and you’ve recovered from the loss. Right now I feel like I’ll never smile again. My sister’s are on their way home. They live further away but should both be here before Sunday.

• There’s no need to apologise. Thank you for taking the time to reply now. It’s horrible when the death is still so recent! I remember just feeling completely numb. This probably sounds really sad but I have a Teddy Bear that my dad won in a raffle and gave to me when I was 3. In the months after my dad died, I used to take comfort in talking to that Teddy Bear, as if it was my dad. Do you have any thing that brings you comfort? 
    I’m really glad that you have a support woman coming round every day to help and that your sisters are coming home. 
    Cancer is awful. It took my dad very quickly. When he was diagnosed in November 1995 he was still fit and strong but by the time he died in May 1996, he was a weak, frail shadow of the man he used to be. I’m ok with it now as it’s such a long time ago. It took me a good 4/5 years to get over it though. I’m here if you ever need to chat. 

Reply Children
No Data