bullying

Hi nas forum

Why do autistic people get bullied so often? I see and hear about it everywhere and have personally experienced it throughout my life in all sorts of situations from people of all walks of life.

I have also met people in all situations and all walks of life who are also kind accepting and try to accomodate.

I find misunderstanding and ignorance is a lot of it or not wanting to understand. We have a difference in processing and it's not our fault, we're not doing it on purpose to wind you up.

What are your thoughts?

Parents
  • Personally, due to my slow processing of communication, I'm no good at firing back witty retorts. I always think of them 5 minutes later. And you need so much confidence for them to work. 

I find that lots of people will trample over anyone to get ahead. We seem to be easier to trample over. 

The hardest thing is realising that the bullies at school often continue to be bullies as adults. I've worked in really positive places where bullying wouldn't be tolerated, but also in places where it's the norm.

• I understand completly the slow processing, when replaying later you think of so many things you could of said but its too late. I wish people could be more compassionate of one another. Theres so much anger and bullying of others

• I understand completly the slow processing, when replaying later you think of so many things you could of said but its too late. I wish people could be more compassionate of one another. Theres so much anger and bullying of others

Children
No Data