bullying

Hi nas forum

Why do autistic people get bullied so often? I see and hear about it everywhere and have personally experienced it throughout my life in all sorts of situations from people of all walks of life.

I have also met people in all situations and all walks of life who are also kind accepting and try to accomodate.

I find misunderstanding and ignorance is a lot of it or not wanting to understand. We have a difference in processing and it's not our fault, we're not doing it on purpose to wind you up.

What are your thoughts?

Parents
  • I see many parallels of human development in the speeded up environment of watching a group of puppies growing.

When they are small, the 'different' one is picked on - sort of nature's way of thinning the herd - survival of the fittest if you will.

That's followed by a period when you can't tell them apart.

That's followed by a period of them developing into individuals - the leaders, the followers etc.

I see this in humans too - kids are merciless at picking on anyone different - and, unfortunately, many human 'adults' don't seem to get further than the intellectual level of an 8-year old child.  Disappointed

• I see many parallels of human development in the speeded up environment of watching a group of puppies growing.

When they are small, the 'different' one is picked on - sort of nature's way of thinning the herd - survival of the fittest if you will.

That's followed by a period when you can't tell them apart.

That's followed by a period of them developing into individuals - the leaders, the followers etc.

I see this in humans too - kids are merciless at picking on anyone different - and, unfortunately, many human 'adults' don't seem to get further than the intellectual level of an 8-year old child.  Disappointed

Children
No Data