bullying

Hi nas forum

Why do autistic people get bullied so often? I see and hear about it everywhere and have personally experienced it throughout my life in all sorts of situations from people of all walks of life.

I have also met people in all situations and all walks of life who are also kind accepting and try to accomodate.

I find misunderstanding and ignorance is a lot of it or not wanting to understand. We have a difference in processing and it's not our fault, we're not doing it on purpose to wind you up.

What are your thoughts?

Parents
  • I read one person's theory on the internet that bullies target people who have obvious weaknesses. Their argument was that each of us is like a character in a Dungeons & Dragons games where there are several stats and each is allocated so many points by a roll of dice. So you have strength, intelligence, wisdom, charisma, agility, etc.

So they were writing about how a lot of intelligent people have been bullied, and perhaps that could be because the trade off for their intelligence was a less agile or strong body, or a less charismatic personality. One theory could be Autistic people are more likely to be in that mould. To be highly intelligent but more deprived in the other areas.

Where this theory could fall apart is it's not necessarily the case that we're allocated an equal number of digits to fill our categories with. One person might have 21 digits, another might have 50 (like, say, a NASA astronaut - someone who is all-rounder, intelligent, agile, charismatic and strong).

• I read one person's theory on the internet that bullies target people who have obvious weaknesses. Their argument was that each of us is like a character in a Dungeons & Dragons games where there are several stats and each is allocated so many points by a roll of dice. So you have strength, intelligence, wisdom, charisma, agility, etc.

So they were writing about how a lot of intelligent people have been bullied, and perhaps that could be because the trade off for their intelligence was a less agile or strong body, or a less charismatic personality. One theory could be Autistic people are more likely to be in that mould. To be highly intelligent but more deprived in the other areas.

Where this theory could fall apart is it's not necessarily the case that we're allocated an equal number of digits to fill our categories with. One person might have 21 digits, another might have 50 (like, say, a NASA astronaut - someone who is all-rounder, intelligent, agile, charismatic and strong).

Children
No Data