bullying

Hi nas forum

Why do autistic people get bullied so often? I see and hear about it everywhere and have personally experienced it throughout my life in all sorts of situations from people of all walks of life.

I have also met people in all situations and all walks of life who are also kind accepting and try to accomodate.

I find misunderstanding and ignorance is a lot of it or not wanting to understand. We have a difference in processing and it's not our fault, we're not doing it on purpose to wind you up.

What are your thoughts?

Parents
  • You’ve kind of touched on the reason, I believe it’s because we different and we don’t fit the mould of a “normal” person, this unfortunately shines a light on us, some people accept it and others do not, resulting in bullying, manipulation and segregation. The goal is to try and feel your life with people who accept you for you. This can be a challenge though. 

• You’ve kind of touched on the reason, I believe it’s because we different and we don’t fit the mould of a “normal” person, this unfortunately shines a light on us, some people accept it and others do not, resulting in bullying, manipulation and segregation. The goal is to try and feel your life with people who accept you for you. This can be a challenge though. 

Children
No Data