Reasons you DON'T want to die, whether deliberately or not...

Hello

I am currently working on a suicide prevention/crisis plan. One of the questions are 'what are your reasons for living', I really have no idea and can't think of any and have said this to my worker.

I wondered what other ASD/AS people's answer would be to this.

If you can, a sentence or two written would be welcome.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi. I'm glad you're getting support and I hope the answers in this thread are helpful.

Here are just some of my reasons for living:

1. My family and friends. I want to be there to support them, care for them, and make lots of happy memories with them. 

2. Life has a lot to offer, e.g. being out in nature, travelling, having new experiences, eating great food, watching snow fall, spending time with the people I love, spending time with animals (very therapeutic), reading, writing, singing, making and listening to music. The list goes on.

3. No matter what I'm going through, I know it will pass. 

4. Living through a tough experience not only makes you stronger, it also makes you better equipped to support and empathise with others. I think people who have hit rock bottom understand how it feels to be there and will do what they can to help others in that position. We also make great listeners.

5. You are special. No matter who you are or what your past is, you're unique, you're important, and I truly believe you're in this world for a reason. Even if I sometimes question what I contribute to the world, I know that even the littlest things I do (like giving someone a kind word, or helping a frog cross the road - which I genuinely did!) can make a positive impact.

• Hi. I'm glad you're getting support and I hope the answers in this thread are helpful.

Here are just some of my reasons for living:

1. My family and friends. I want to be there to support them, care for them, and make lots of happy memories with them. 

2. Life has a lot to offer, e.g. being out in nature, travelling, having new experiences, eating great food, watching snow fall, spending time with the people I love, spending time with animals (very therapeutic), reading, writing, singing, making and listening to music. The list goes on.

3. No matter what I'm going through, I know it will pass. 

4. Living through a tough experience not only makes you stronger, it also makes you better equipped to support and empathise with others. I think people who have hit rock bottom understand how it feels to be there and will do what they can to help others in that position. We also make great listeners.

5. You are special. No matter who you are or what your past is, you're unique, you're important, and I truly believe you're in this world for a reason. Even if I sometimes question what I contribute to the world, I know that even the littlest things I do (like giving someone a kind word, or helping a frog cross the road - which I genuinely did!) can make a positive impact.

Children
No Data