* this thread needs YOU ! *, Which car/motorbike/tractor/drone/plane/skateboard/surfboard/boat/train is the coolest ever

I used fast cars, motorcycles, drinking beer, fighting, chasing women, and having bad relationships to try to fit into society but the real issue was I was on the spectrum.

It took me a long  time to work out what the real issue was. Have you had a similar experience ?

did you up the adrenalin in your life to try and fit in ? like climbing ice mountains at night with a torch on your head !

did you drink far too much to overcome your lacking social skills ? Funny stories are most welcome as well of course we do need a laugh.

Have you made a complete tit of yourself ? lets us know please.

Did you join the army or the navy by mistake ?  lets us know please. 

does driving cars and/or motorcycles help calm your autism related anxiety or make it worse (eg road rage) ? lets us know

did autism cause you to be so aggressive you got arrested a lot,,,, how did you deal with it, how did your parents deal with it ?

telling jokes about your autism and autistic mistakes is most welcome

Parents Reply
  • they waste fuel. You might have to check if u can be toed. ie able to knock them out of gear. I coast alot to save fuel when going down hills - u cant do that on an automatic. But they are so easy to drive i guess but the gear stick adds the element of skill and timing which i love. 

Children
  • there is a guy here who keeps getting tickets for his supercar because he takes up 2 spaces. He is very good about it in that he pays for 2 spaces. But the warden says he was parked over a line and just give him a ticket each time he parks it ! 

crazy or wot

I look forward to when I have that problem !

• Fuel economy on modern cars is terrible - they weigh so much - the current top-of-the-range VW Golf weighs double the original '70s Golf GTi - all those airbags, electrics, soundproofing etc.  

• oh no I have a VW and funnily I dont like its gearbox :(  I have had more issues than expected with my VW. I wont be buying a VW again I will be return probably to hyundai or maybe try vauxhall.  I would ove to buy jaoaneese but they can be pricey. Nissan are brillant BTW.

• Cool I've learnt something. 

Fuel economy is pretty good in new cars thou these days endless your driving one of these monster cars I've been seeing recently and this was before Halloween before the jokes come out! Have you seen the there like the American one taking up all the road and too much space when parking!!!! 

• And they ALWAYS go wrong - VW DSG is a wallet-breaker.

• Okay noted but you can get a hybrid of manual and auto wich I find cool the gear box is a up and down but it still has the timing element to a skillful gear change 

• Nope - if your car is fuel injected, taking your foot off the gas shuts off the injectors on all cars - manual or auto..

Towing - you can tow autos - normally specified at less than 30mph - this is because the gearbox oil is pumped by the input shaft of the gearbox - so it needs the engine running to lubricate the gears.   If the engine is running, you can tow it as fast as you like.