NT spouse of ?Asperger's.

Hi

A bit apprensive on here. First time.

No diagnosis but partner exhibits many traits of asperger's. I'm convinced. Can't talk to him about it, scared. He has a temper. I was naive and young when we married.

I'm lonely and want to leave. I can't. No way back. Can't deal with it. It's my life too.

Anyone else living this way?

Thanks

OMO

Parents
  • Hi Artsy,

Your story is a clear illustration of how it can all go wrong. Nobody would expect you to put up with that so you have choices to make. Not all autistic people stay in that state and fail to see that things could be different.

Life is the sum of your choices www.google.co.uk/search and this applies equally to your husband as it does to you.

The alternative is that you find a way to have him realise that there is an alternative. I think this is most likely if he comes to a realisation or discovery that things could be different. Coercion and pressure are likely to be counterproductive but you may be able to plant clues or hints that might lure him to a better viewpoint.

• Hi Artsy,

Your story is a clear illustration of how it can all go wrong. Nobody would expect you to put up with that so you have choices to make. Not all autistic people stay in that state and fail to see that things could be different.

Life is the sum of your choices www.google.co.uk/search and this applies equally to your husband as it does to you.

The alternative is that you find a way to have him realise that there is an alternative. I think this is most likely if he comes to a realisation or discovery that things could be different. Coercion and pressure are likely to be counterproductive but you may be able to plant clues or hints that might lure him to a better viewpoint.

Children
No Data