Autism Anxiety and Diet

Hello Everyone 

I need to help and advice as I thinking my anxiety crisis is coming back which is not great as last time it last 4 years before I entered recovery this year. I'm under alot of stress at the minute as I'm on process of changing jobs to move closer to home.

I experiencing increased tummy aches which is caused by stress and increased tension which brings on the flaps and runs. 

I'm wondering how everyone deals with Autism Anxiety using natural methods not medication. 

Also what diets do you recommend for someone who suffers with Autism to prevent complications and autism anxiety. 

Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Parents
  • To decrease anxiety, stress and tummy aches I would recommend:

1) Cutting out white sugar

2) Not having much caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate)

3) Avoid anything processed like white rice, white bread, packets of crisps and frozen oven chips. Choose the whole grains instead like brown rice. When you cook brown rice rinse it in a sieve before cooking it to get rid of any of the bran still left on it, which is hard to digest

4) If all of this doesn't do enough to help, try being more strict with food combining. Some people find they digest better if they have vegetables with a carb like rice or potatoes, but no protein. Or protein with vegetables but no carb like rice. There's some evidence to back this up from tests that have been done

5) Eat fruit separate to meals except something like a lemon squeezed on. Fruit combining with other food types also leads to more indigestion

• I love trying a different kinds of foods from around the world

Reply Children