NAS Forum, Internet, And Being Maliciously "Hacked" Upon Here. Yes, Really.

(My "NAS InternetThread #4" in a way. The Title is as it says, there. I had to change passwords Three times to do this. This may be My last Thread (and last Post), ever, not by My own choice. Please see near the end of this other Thread:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/health-and-wellbeing/15792/fake-likebots-as-well-as-copybots-now-upon-this-nas-forum/

...for some detail & Pictures, about what happened to stop Me Posting upon this Forum. )

About THIS Here Thread.
NAS says/once said - ...to draw attention to a 'problem' upon this Forum, that it helps Them by starting a New Thread about it. Whether they acknowledge is another matter, for this is over a Month, now.

But for Myself, after much trouble, I managed to Post This here Thread... which is asking is ONE Simple Question:
What stops My being "Hacked" here from happening AGAIN?

Thank You, Very Much, To Those Who Were Genuinely Nice To Me, & Fare Thee Well.  Slight smile

Parents
  • Every now and then I look at this Forum, yet 'tis no sport, I say, to view something in which I am blocked from participating...

I may after this post finally add the picture from the other Thread of the "Hacker" in question...

...That a person can gleefully admit to enjoying the Breaking of Laws yet still not be removed totally from this Forum is a strange thing to Me... 

Here is partly what I wrote upon a different Thread, if Mr WebPM seems unaware of this one (true enough, am I the only one posting so far about suffering from an *actual* hacking-attack here?)

" Please, Mr WebPM, have a look at the following unrelated Threads - with Titles about "fake upvotes" and "Being Hacked Upon This Forum". I may post more if I can, but this may be my only opening here...

(...um, anyone else reading, please do not worry too much and do ignore if this sounds a bit too much like Action Film Dialogue or something...(!)...)

To Mr WebPM, I did open another account, using a different EMAIL... but that also was "blocked" by whatever the Hacker did. They Hacked This Forum to Block My IP/MAC/ISP/"HANDSHAKE", or whatever you all call it nowadays: I use the same device and same BroadbandConnection and *that* is what is blocked.

This is all that I can deduce from My point-of-view with its LIMITED BUDGET/TECHNOLOGY... (!) So please have a look at that. If I can, I shall post this onto the Threads which I Mean. "

Please do NOT tell Me to "reset or clear chaches" or any such malarkey, because it was only after I did that then the Hacks started to work! I was posting for a long while, even as I took the picture, unaware that the TARGET WAS ME !?!

...To anyone else reading... Have A Nice Day... (!)

• Hi DC

The screenshot shows a claim that you have been hacked, but the claim is made from another account. It may not necessarily be true, because it may be intended to mislead. As I understand it, you have had problems with unexpected likes from your account, and some connection issues. I'm not quite sure how those related to your needing to reset your password? Typically, if your account has been hacked, you wouldn't be able to do that, because the hacker will have updated the associated email address to one owned by the hacker.

It is in the nature of this software that forum connections do sometimes drop (it's happened to me while I've been reading these threads). Whilst annoying, it doesn't have much effect, because the connection is maintained mostly to allow notifications in your browser (of new messages etc.)

Did anything else unexpected happen? An obvious example would be the posting of a message that you know that you did not write.

Obviously we won't post here details of measures that we take to prevent attacks on our systems, because hackers could read them! However, there are built-in measures at various levels.

Regards

• Hi DC

The screenshot shows a claim that you have been hacked, but the claim is made from another account. It may not necessarily be true, because it may be intended to mislead. As I understand it, you have had problems with unexpected likes from your account, and some connection issues. I'm not quite sure how those related to your needing to reset your password? Typically, if your account has been hacked, you wouldn't be able to do that, because the hacker will have updated the associated email address to one owned by the hacker.

It is in the nature of this software that forum connections do sometimes drop (it's happened to me while I've been reading these threads). Whilst annoying, it doesn't have much effect, because the connection is maintained mostly to allow notifications in your browser (of new messages etc.)

Did anything else unexpected happen? An obvious example would be the posting of a message that you know that you did not write.

Obviously we won't post here details of measures that we take to prevent attacks on our systems, because hackers could read them! However, there are built-in measures at various levels.

Regards

Children
  • Glad Tidings To All!

I am posting here, as it is only right that I should publicly state a "Thank You", HERE, to Mr WebPM, as I am currently able to Post so much (including silliness) again. It did take about 3 Months, but I Posted much to-day, so I say why I can do so again here.

...I am soooooo-oh certain that this CAN happen to Myself again at anytime, of course! Thank You Again, Mr.Webster. I prefer not to have to engage with this problem again (in vain, やね?).

That is all from Myself for now, here.