NAS Forum, Internet, And Being Maliciously "Hacked" Upon Here. Yes, Really.

(My "NAS InternetThread #4" in a way. The Title is as it says, there. I had to change passwords Three times to do this. This may be My last Thread (and last Post), ever, not by My own choice. Please see near the end of this other Thread:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/health-and-wellbeing/15792/fake-likebots-as-well-as-copybots-now-upon-this-nas-forum/

...for some detail & Pictures, about what happened to stop Me Posting upon this Forum. )

About THIS Here Thread.
NAS says/once said - ...to draw attention to a 'problem' upon this Forum, that it helps Them by starting a New Thread about it. Whether they acknowledge is another matter, for this is over a Month, now.

But for Myself, after much trouble, I managed to Post This here Thread... which is asking is ONE Simple Question:
What stops My being "Hacked" here from happening AGAIN?

Thank You, Very Much, To Those Who Were Genuinely Nice To Me, & Fare Thee Well.  Slight smile

Parents
  • Hello, DC.

I've been gone many months and just popped back to ask a question about therapy.

Sorry to hear there have been 'near-trolls' about - you mentioned one by number. Like other people have said, I hope these things on the forum don't worry to much and you feel able to stick around. Your contributions are much appreciated. I was just looking at all your imaginative uses for the new NAS logo.

I hope Web PM is back soon as I thought they were responsive and I think did manage to fix the copybot problem. Maybe s/he will be able to do the same for 'likebot' and also sort out the thing about having to change password.

I'd try to help if I get time. Things I'd think about to prevent future 'hacks' might include clearing browser cookies for autism.org.uk and maybe if possible (not sure if it is) changing your associated email address and any secret questions (I've been away so long I forget how this forum works!)

• Hello, DC.

I've been gone many months and just popped back to ask a question about therapy.

Sorry to hear there have been 'near-trolls' about - you mentioned one by number. Like other people have said, I hope these things on the forum don't worry to much and you feel able to stick around. Your contributions are much appreciated. I was just looking at all your imaginative uses for the new NAS logo.

I hope Web PM is back soon as I thought they were responsive and I think did manage to fix the copybot problem. Maybe s/he will be able to do the same for 'likebot' and also sort out the thing about having to change password.

I'd try to help if I get time. Things I'd think about to prevent future 'hacks' might include clearing browser cookies for autism.org.uk and maybe if possible (not sure if it is) changing your associated email address and any secret questions (I've been away so long I forget how this forum works!)

Children