Periods

I am 14yr old girl with Aspergers and I started my period at lunch today. I don’t know my dad for reason I don’t want to say so I live with my mum and older sister (she is 15) and I don’t know how to tell her I’ve started. How do I tell her? I fell so stressed, scared, worried, and anxious about telling her. What do I do?

Parents
  • Hi,

No need to be stressed or to worry :) . It's completely natural and I sympathize. When I first had my period I was so scared of telling my mum that I got so worked up I made myself ill, eventually my mum worked it out and we had a sit down and a heart to heart. I felt so much better after we had talked.

My advice to you would be to just get it over with and talk to your mum. She'll understand because she's already been through it with her own mum. If you feel that you can't talk to her face to face then write it out on paper and let her read it.

I hope you can tell her soon because as soon as you do you will feel 110% better.

Astridlora. X

• Hi,

No need to be stressed or to worry :) . It's completely natural and I sympathize. When I first had my period I was so scared of telling my mum that I got so worked up I made myself ill, eventually my mum worked it out and we had a sit down and a heart to heart. I felt so much better after we had talked.

My advice to you would be to just get it over with and talk to your mum. She'll understand because she's already been through it with her own mum. If you feel that you can't talk to her face to face then write it out on paper and let her read it.

I hope you can tell her soon because as soon as you do you will feel 110% better.

Astridlora. X

Children
No Data