Periods

I am 14yr old girl with Aspergers and I started my period at lunch today. I don’t know my dad for reason I don’t want to say so I live with my mum and older sister (she is 15) and I don’t know how to tell her I’ve started. How do I tell her? I fell so stressed, scared, worried, and anxious about telling her. What do I do?

Parents
  • Also, I should have said... One of the biggest tools for me in life has been writing it down. I cannot talk about really personal things but I can write them down. If I have a really big issue I write a letter to my wife, or I send her a lengthy text. You could always write to your mum, which could be a note that you pass to her, or I guess in this day and age you would be able to text / email / WhatsApp her a message, and if she know you have ASD and understands, you could also include the fact that you find it difficult to discuss in words and ask her to respond via text or note to start with. It will be fine...

• Also, I should have said... One of the biggest tools for me in life has been writing it down. I cannot talk about really personal things but I can write them down. If I have a really big issue I write a letter to my wife, or I send her a lengthy text. You could always write to your mum, which could be a note that you pass to her, or I guess in this day and age you would be able to text / email / WhatsApp her a message, and if she know you have ASD and understands, you could also include the fact that you find it difficult to discuss in words and ask her to respond via text or note to start with. It will be fine...

Children
No Data