Periods

I am 14yr old girl with Aspergers and I started my period at lunch today. I don’t know my dad for reason I don’t want to say so I live with my mum and older sister (she is 15) and I don’t know how to tell her I’ve started. How do I tell her? I fell so stressed, scared, worried, and anxious about telling her. What do I do?

Parents
  • As a father with ASD with a daughter I would say, and it is blunt as one would expect, grit your teeth, pluck up the courage, just come straight out with it to your mother. She will be fine, all mothers are. It is part of life and all people expect it. She will probably be more worried about it than you are. If you can talk to your mother and relate to her, she is your best asset in life and will take care of you. Being open with someone close to you is very important in life. Do not over think it. Do not over stress about it. Its not as scary as you think it is. If you have difficulty starting the conversion, go with something simple like "mum, can we have a chat about something personal?". I find reciting the conversion over and over helps me build up the courage to discuss things personal.

Go for it and good luck.

• As a father with ASD with a daughter I would say, and it is blunt as one would expect, grit your teeth, pluck up the courage, just come straight out with it to your mother. She will be fine, all mothers are. It is part of life and all people expect it. She will probably be more worried about it than you are. If you can talk to your mother and relate to her, she is your best asset in life and will take care of you. Being open with someone close to you is very important in life. Do not over think it. Do not over stress about it. Its not as scary as you think it is. If you have difficulty starting the conversion, go with something simple like "mum, can we have a chat about something personal?". I find reciting the conversion over and over helps me build up the courage to discuss things personal.

Go for it and good luck.

Children
No Data