Fake "LikeBots" As Well As Copybots, now upon this NAS Forum

Greetings to All. This is the latest "Maintenance" Thread, or 'Report Spam' Thread. ( ...& For those not interested or not affected, I say just move on, or start Your own Thread. ) But this kind of Thread *is* necessary at times. NAS themselves say to start a New Thread when a New problem arises, and so that is what I am doing here.

NAS, There is a LIKEBOT here now, as well as a COPYBOT. Again. (Using a Plural does not matter.) This Thread is begun to draw Your attentions to the fact.

The BEST information on This Forum, about dealing with "Copybots":
https://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/12621/copybot-and-forum-security/

The "LikeBot" is a new thing. I Myself have been seen to "like" certain (new) Users of whom I have no knowledge. This is the Thread to write about that, now. I have never "upvoted" these Persons but someone has FAKED My doing so...

So, NAS, --- SORT IT OUT!!!

Parents Reply Children
  • To Qwerty ('s first Posts)...Thank You Very Much for Posting, but - Do NOT be scared. They are not actually "controlling" an account there. Also I see suggestions You Post below. It is good to be mindful/aware of such things.

My own trouble is that I Myself do tend to think the worst. It is My built-in defence mechanism ("Run first, ask questions later from that safe distance.")

Also, any Technical Questions asked, I Myself have to wait for WebPM to respond just like a lot of others here. WEBPM is the main person I am waiting for. I know the basics of Programming and what is possible, but am not (allowed to be) experienced or skilled, and so I am just posting to alert WebPM and others about this annoyance. 

Lastly... seeing some of the responses here so far, maybe I really should have not mentioned Copybots again. But the Copybot Thread is long, and so later on we all had to just learn to mention "copybot" upon any other Thread which was actually a Copybot Thread. This was a good protocol to keep in mind.

• I'm wondering, if (1) they are controlling your account to like those posts, or are they (2) creating a new account that copies your username and picture and then liking those posts?