Dealing with relationship rejection when having Aspergers?

I have Aspergers Syndrome, and there is a particular person that I have a crush on, and want to ask out on a date. However, I could be wrong, but I’ve got a feeling that they don’t like me (in that way) back. I’ve avoided asking them out up until now, because I’m really afraid that if they reject me, it will trigger feelings of self-hatred, both in terms of my appearance and myself as a person, as due to having Aspergers, I haven’t always found fitting in easy, and I’m afraid that being rejected in a relationship sense will bring all of these feelings flooding back quite badly. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with relationship rejection with having Aspergers?

Parents
  • Hey :) 

It depends - on the one hand, staying where you are means that you'll never have the chance to be with them; on the other hand, if they say no, it could mean the end of your friendship. You won't know for sure how they feel about you until they ask, so that's the only real way to knowx

Much love <3

• Hey :) 

It depends - on the one hand, staying where you are means that you'll never have the chance to be with them; on the other hand, if they say no, it could mean the end of your friendship. You won't know for sure how they feel about you until they ask, so that's the only real way to knowx

Much love <3

Children
No Data