PIP CON

As some of you are aware, I had my PIP assessment this morning.  And I'm not happy.

A few weeks ago I completed a very full application form describing which parts of life I have difficulty with.  And  what I don't suffer from.

The face to face interview this morning concentrated on those aspects of life I'm ok with and ignored due to lack of time any of my problem areas.

An analogy would be someone going to A&E in agony due to a dislocated shoulder.  And the doctor doing a full medical examination of the whole body, except for the injured shoulder.  And then declaring that the patient is in perfect health.

Parents
  • I will wait and see.  

But at the end of the interview I was told that they would be contacting my GP for a report and the Autism diagnosis service.  Before any decision is made.

However this morning I received a text from the DWP informing me that they have already received a written report on my PIP assessment.

• I will wait and see.  

But at the end of the interview I was told that they would be contacting my GP for a report and the Autism diagnosis service.  Before any decision is made.

However this morning I received a text from the DWP informing me that they have already received a written report on my PIP assessment.

Children
  • The person you met yesterday will have filed their report. Your case then goes onto someone else who looks at all of the evidence and decides whether the benefit will be awarded or not.

Just for future reference as hopefully you'll be applying for your renewal in a few years time Slight smile its helpful if you hand in your supporting evidence, such as highlighted GP notes, when you send off your application and you make it clear what bits of the evidence relate to what sections. 

E.g I often struggle with communication. I find telephone calls overwhelming and avoid them. This is evident in the email from xxx, dated xxx where they clarify this information and that I don't want to be included in any telephone lists at work. Furthermore, page xxx of my diagnostic highlights how I find group situations incredibly stressful as  due to sensory overload and anxiety around misinterprinting the situation I am unable to process information in a timely manner, which means I find it very difficult to respond to others in these situations.