Am I weird? Advice needed!!

Hi all, 

I know this is a bit of an awkward topic but I always come on here when I am worried about something and I always seem to get the most helpful advice from you all so. I am currently 16 - I have high functioning autism, aspergers - and I haven't done anything sexually. I feel like a load of girls in my year have and I am feeling really left behind. I have absolutely no interest in doing anything sexual - life is stressful and confusing enough as it is - but I don't want people to think I am weird. I don't even like thinking about it and I can't speak to my mum and dad about it because it's awkward. I was recently with a boy, who when I said no to sending nudes, called me frigid. I am now dead worried that boys think of me like that - even though teenage boys can be dead annoying, not all though- just because I want to wait. Ant advice? Do you think I'm weird? 

Thanks x

Parents
  • Teenagers lie. A lot. Especially about sex. 

You are completely right not to send nudes. Once they leave your phone, you lose any control over them. And teenage boys are a breed apart - I vaguely recall I used to be one - many decades ago. They are likely to pass around nudes to assuage their crushing social insecurity.

Boys that age are really complete and utter morons, and not worth currying favour with. After school it gets much better. If you opt for university - you get to choose your social circle and can gravitate to people who accept you are you are. You might find a soulmate you want to do something sexual with - which would be nice, or you could be perfectly happy with platonic friendships. 

Don't do anything sexual that you do not want to do. It won't win you friends or gain you respect. 

And if you think social relationships are hard enough to understand now, when there is a sexual component, it gets way weirder. Please wait to find that out for yourself though. 

All teenagers are a seething mass of insecurities. They are all weird. ASD just makes you self conscious of your differences. Paraphrase the end of the Breakfast Club to come up with trite soundbite - although quoting a film released before you were born is probably not the best reference.  

• Teenagers lie. A lot. Especially about sex. 

You are completely right not to send nudes. Once they leave your phone, you lose any control over them. And teenage boys are a breed apart - I vaguely recall I used to be one - many decades ago. They are likely to pass around nudes to assuage their crushing social insecurity.

Boys that age are really complete and utter morons, and not worth currying favour with. After school it gets much better. If you opt for university - you get to choose your social circle and can gravitate to people who accept you are you are. You might find a soulmate you want to do something sexual with - which would be nice, or you could be perfectly happy with platonic friendships. 

Don't do anything sexual that you do not want to do. It won't win you friends or gain you respect. 

And if you think social relationships are hard enough to understand now, when there is a sexual component, it gets way weirder. Please wait to find that out for yourself though. 

All teenagers are a seething mass of insecurities. They are all weird. ASD just makes you self conscious of your differences. Paraphrase the end of the Breakfast Club to come up with trite soundbite - although quoting a film released before you were born is probably not the best reference.  

Children
No Data