I hate being so different

Hi,

Last night I went to my school Xmas dance in a big, fancy hotel. I arrived earlier than my friends so I had to walk in and just drift around making small talk with people. I was friendly but people kept ignoring at me and pointing at me. I have never felt so embarrassed and lonely in my life. Everyone was getting photos together and there was me standing in a corner no one bothering to talk to me and me trying not to cry. I eventually left and went and found a chair to sit on and cried my eyes out - I just want to be normal. I thought I could go to that dance and be a normal teenage girl for one night but no. I eventually had to go home because I just couldn't stand it. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice? I am feeling awful today and just wanting to hide and never face my school again, but I have mock exams soon so I have to study but my mental health is really poor right now. I am also feeling slightly angry that no one thought to even just say hi to me or even ask to join them, which was the way I was raised. I try so hard but I just keep getting things wrong. I go to a very academic school and the pressure they put on me is insane. The teachers were all angry at me for leaving and I feel so awful for wasting my mums hard earned money on that stupid dance.

Sorry this was more of a rant!

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated x

Parents
  • Hi Jessicaaaaa,

I read your post and related to it soooo much :,) I ended up not going to my school dance/prom/excuse for people to show off and pretend to like each other. 

I’m sad to hear you’ve been so underappreciated, you mustn’t take out their ignorance on yourself. I can tell you are really trying and I’m sure you will do very well in your mocks coming up. 

Things are always changing and you won’t be in this situation forever, focus on your goals but don’t put yourself under too much pressure, do what you have to to look after your well-being and try to surround yourself with the good vibes of people you love and who appreciate you. 

X

• I wish everyone would understand that some things do always change and that certain things should stay the same like the human life cycle and the age for an adult being at age 18 too as nothing like that should ever change at all!!!!

Reply Children
No Data