GP Appointment, how long?

So simple question, on average how long would you normally have to wait for an appointment to see your GP?

Depends on what the concerns or severity are of coarse, but to point out sudden worrying signs of deteriorating health for instance.

I rang mine today (11/12/2018, earliest being January 8th.2019.

Told them why and what my concerns were, made no difference.

just wondered if this is the norm out there?

thank you. ()

Parents
  • Greetings. With "my own" GP Practice, it is about 1 - 2 Weeks. There may be an "Urgent" time where one telephones in and gains an appointment if another one has just been cancelled. But if they run behind schedule, an appointment may be rescheduled, which is their polite way of saying that it is cancelled after running out of time...(!)

...The main thing to say about DECEMBER however, is that it is Christmas, and so everything is thrown out of normal schedule, and after about December 5th nothing is planned anywhere in the Main until January. 

Things are indeed exactly as Everyone else here says. & if this Question were asked in November or January, appointments would average between 2 weeks to a Month, depending upon urgency and Times.

• Greetings. With "my own" GP Practice, it is about 1 - 2 Weeks. There may be an "Urgent" time where one telephones in and gains an appointment if another one has just been cancelled. But if they run behind schedule, an appointment may be rescheduled, which is their polite way of saying that it is cancelled after running out of time...(!)

...The main thing to say about DECEMBER however, is that it is Christmas, and so everything is thrown out of normal schedule, and after about December 5th nothing is planned anywhere in the Main until January. 

Things are indeed exactly as Everyone else here says. & if this Question were asked in November or January, appointments would average between 2 weeks to a Month, depending upon urgency and Times.

Children
No Data